CONTACT:

Fashionforwarddude@hotmail.com

Monday, October 19, 2009

The Giving Tree-- Gave Me A Memory



This is the best childrens book ever!! It definitely is one of my favorite read books as a child. I remember accouple of teachers reading this magical book to my class in elementary school.

After lunch on a autumn day in the city of New York my classmates and I would wait for our teacher to arrive and pick us up from the high ceiling room now called the Lunch Room. This room would hold all of the delicious made food, where they waited patiently until we laid our dirty little elementary fingers on them. Quickly after eating, we would hurry and get into the hyperactive line and make our way into our classroom. We each placed our little index fingers on our lips to symbolize silence. One by one we set on the cozy rug, the teacher gave us time until our cue for her to begin reading. Her voice was always so melodic-- almost angelic which delivered us into another world. This world had a tree that loved a boy. "Every day the boy would come to the tree to eat her apples, swing from her branches, or slide down her trunk ... and the tree was happy. But as the boy grew older he began to want more from the tree, and the tree gave and gave."

This was what always hooked us. Awesome isn't it!?! This book has a moral it is up to you to read it people.

I am going to buy this book to add to my book collection so that one day in a near future I'll read it to my children and to my nieces or nephews. My dream is to have a library in my house when I move out!

1 comment: